Friday, January 6, 2012

Grilled Salmon with Hazelnut Butter


Does this flavor combination surprise you?  I was skeptical that hazelnuts and salmon would actually pair well, but I was intrigued to give it a try.  I try to make salmon twice a week because it is so good for you, but I grow tired of the 3 ways we usually make it.  I found this recipe in Betty Crocker's Quick and Easy Cookbook which we received as wedding gift.  I don't know why I don't cook from it more often, all the recipes look good.  In my opinion, Betty Crocker puts Martha Stewart to shame!  Martha's recipe tend to be over complicated and a tad bit long.  But my girl Betty didn't disappoint with this simple and easy recipe.  I loved this meal.

The hazelnut butter is really a rich and flavorful way to finish grilled salmon.  Roasting the hazelnuts complements the salmon in an intense fabulous way.  I didn't have any parsley on hand, but I would definitely add it next time.  Serve with a simple green salad or mixed grilled veggies. 


Ingredients
Adapted from Betty Crocker
serves 4

1 lb wild caught sockeye salmon
1/2 cup hazelnuts
2 tablespoons of unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
sea salt
freshly ground pepper 

Method

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Place hazelnuts on a baking sheet and bake for 9-10 minutes.  Remove from oven and let cool.  Add the roasted hazelnuts to a food processor and process until almost finely grounded.  Combine the hazelnuts, butter, parsley and lemon juice.  Set aside.

Generously season each salmon filet with salt and pepper.  Place flesh side down on the grill and grill for about 10 minutes.  Flip the salmon and top with the hazelnut butter.  Grill for another 5-10 minutes depending on the thickness of your fish.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment