Monday, July 12, 2010

Jess' Watermelon Summer Smoothie

Yesterday was my husband's first day at the big new job. I was so excited and nervous for him, that I wanted to make him a special treat to come home to. For desert last night I used up some leftover watermelon from the weekend to make us some delicious, and very refreshing summer watermelon drinks!!! Watermelon not only essential for summer, but very good for you. It contains vitamin A, vitamin C, and numerous antioxidants.

This drink is easy enough to make for just yourself, or mix a larger batch when entertaining.

Ingredients

3 cups of sliced seedless watermelon
1 container of Strawberry Greek Yogurt
1 packet of Splenda
2 cups of ice
3-4 large mint leaves

Directions

Add watermelon, greek yogurt, ice and mint to a blender and process till smooth! Garnish with additional mint leaves, if desired. Serve immediately.




This also could easily be turned into an "adult beverage"! Omit the yogurt, & add rum and lemonade for a cool mojito, vodka with lemon for a refreshing slush, or (my favorite), champagne to blended watermelon juice for a classy cocktail!

4 comments:

  1. I love this drink. Just went out and bought all the ingredients and made Jeff and I, a little summer snack!! Miss you guys. Luv, Christy

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES!!!!!! I love it! :) Let's catch up soon, I am around all week, call me when you have a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Watermelon Smoothies are refreshing anytime. We used Watermelon Stevia as the sweetener instead of Maple Syrup. The banana does make the difference. Great Watermelon Smoothie Recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks super refreshing! Sadly it’s raining here, so I’m going to wait until the sun comes out to make this one!

    Marlene
    Click here for Endoscopes

    ReplyDelete